New Model From Montesa..... When?

jonny042

Sure to have a lot of EGO stuff - made 'specially' for the owner. EGOlastomer bushings, EGOcentric crankshaft, EGOpolymer cables etc..........

Ah you have a point there! Maybe EGO was what they should have called all those ERGO bits. I had to look up that alloy type as being an engineer I had no damn clue what it was! Seems to be a 7000 series alloy most probably 7075, ie strong but with crap corrosion resistance. Guess they had to give it a name to make a common as muck aerospace alloy some exclusivity!

Wayne....

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the final round of the world trials championship from France on Eurosport 2 this morning and it was very entertaining.

BUT.......

I don't recall seeing any of the contributors to this thread riding any of the super duper highly modified and lightened world round conquering machines that are being discussed here?

Perhaps they are best left at home in the various garages around the country, or maybe in the hands of those best qualified to ride them on the world stage.

Hang on

one of my pals has a mitani 280 kit on his skip wagon (he's a crazy fool) and there was no need to modify the crankcase mouth.

Now I dont know exactly what cc the Mitani 280 conversion is but I would find it utterly hilarious if TRW went to that much trouble for 3cc extra.

I watched the final round of the world trials championship from France on Eurosport 2 this morning and it was very entertaining.

BUT.......

I don't recall seeing any of the contributors to this thread riding any of the super duper highly modified and lightened world round conquering machines that are being discussed here?

Perhaps they are best left at home in the various garages around the country, or maybe in the hands of those best qualified to ride them on the world stage.

That's just the point, they ain't!

You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna pig!

You can make the pig happy! :rotfl:

I do admit I was impressed to see TRW got the 125 version to run the courses, or most of them!

Edited by copemech

Hang on

one of my pals has a mitani 280 kit on his skip wagon (he's a crazy fool) and there was no need to modify the crankcase mouth.

Now I dont know exactly what cc the Mitani 280 conversion is but I would find it utterly hilarious if TRW went to that much trouble for 3cc extra.

Think the mitani one and the s3 one was measured at 282.

I believe this is the maximum size without crankcase alteration?

Anyway, all this chat is all irrelevant, someone bought the TRW ex-Dabill Montesa, great someone should have it.

Who is going to import the Montesa 4RT to the UK, or will it continue on as Honda RTL250F?

I think it is a great shame if these machines are not brought into the UK. It will mean less, not more, choice for the UK trials rider!

Thanks of course to James Sandifords for being the importer for 42 years.

Big John

Who is going to import the Montesa 4RT to the UK.

If i was Honda wanting to clear my factory floor,i would bring all the bikes in under Honda and force every Honda dealership in the country to take one,it sounds like this is what Honda wanted to do with sandifords still onboard,but Honda thought wrong.

I bet Honda would have a mass of rules and regulations they force onto importer's.