Show Me Your Twin Shocker!

sir dabs alot

My Ty250,nothing special - at all,but possibly the most reliable and honest bike I have ever ridden.The term "Does what it says on the tin" could have been written for it.

Because of its relative low value, I doubt I will ever sell it.

post-3125-0-02769200-1337718357.jpg

Edited by jon v8
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

post-1232-0-75737300-1342905132_thumb.jpgNot as cool as Daves , but here's the old girl with new suspenders ...(and I need a better camera ...)

Glenn B)

And Keith , I'll see you at Lake Houser , so you can give her a romp ...:)

Edited by axulsuv
  • Like 1

They are from Works Performance , alloy everything , gas charged , dual rate springs, 13mm shafts (HUGE!) and serviceable Heim Joints at both ends along with a offset top mount to clear everything ,14 5/8 eye to eye and I was told the dampening rate is Lane Levitts end result from his Bultaco days way back when ... Works sends you a Dimension/ layout sheet for oneoffs like these so they get the dimensions and leverage / angles that the shock will be used at along with all the involved weights .

They work Fantastic , No initial bind at all and on uphill muddy rooted stuff the back tire just stays planted , you don't feel any of the small stuff at all . unbelievable traction for a twinshock . Once I got the preload and sag set , it feels like a good modern mono now . and they are completely rebuildable with the correct tools and gas charging equipment . (that is all at my friends shop in NC.) And I didn't weigh them ,but I'd say their about 1/3 lighter than the falcons that came off .(and will get rebuilt one day and live on the FM330 or our overgrown TY80 ..)

Now if I can practice enough to use 1/2 my bikes potential , I'll be a happy camper !

Glenn

They are from Works Performance , alloy everything , gas charged , dual rate springs, 13mm shafts (HUGE!) and serviceable Heim Joints at both ends along with a offset top mount to clear everything ,14 5/8 eye to eye and I was told the dampening rate is Lane Levitts end result from his Bultaco days way back when ... Works sends you a Dimension/ layout sheet for oneoffs like these so they get the dimensions and leverage / angles that the shock will be used at along with all the involved weights .

They work Fantastic , No initial bind at all and on uphill muddy rooted stuff the back tire just stays planted , you don't feel any of the small stuff at all . unbelievable traction for a twinshock . Once I got the preload and sag set , it feels like a good modern mono now . and they are completely rebuildable with the correct tools and gas charging equipment . (that is all at my friends shop in NC.) And I didn't weigh them ,but I'd say their about 1/3 lighter than the falcons that came off .(and will get rebuilt one day and live on the FM330 or our overgrown TY80 ..)

Now if I can practice enough to use 1/2 my bikes potential , I'll be a happy camper !

Glenn

Hey,Thanks for being the test pilot for us Glenn,when I get over the Idea that my originals just need to be rebuilt one more time then I'll give Works a call! :icon_salut:

Hey,Thanks for being the test pilot for us Glenn,when I get over the Idea that my originals just need to be rebuilt one more time then I'll give Works a call! :icon_salut:

Didn't you really mean "crash test dummy " ???

Glenn

Glenn

About how much are these Fantasmic shocks? lol