Show Me Your Twin Shocker!

sir dabs alot

Tony ;

That Yamaha looks superb !!! Does it work as good as it looks ? (I know your bikes usually do ! :) )

I'll still never forget my brief putt about on your RE .... you need a shot of that here too ...

Hope all is well out west .

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv

Looks to me that the Merlin has the swingarm pivot below the gearbox sprocket which would explain why the chain gets more freeplay as the suspension compresses, the distance between sprocket & pivot wouldn't help either

Front sprocket looks tiny as well which wouldn't help with chain life

Was the Merlin the forerunner of gas gas or were the pxc stickers fitted later on?

This is the bike that I lent to Mick which has been rebuilt for 2012/13. Ty Mono forks, Big bore WES exhaust through the frame, Magical shocks, OKO flat slide, Gas Gas front fender, Shedworks retro tank/seat unit.

Tony

Looks like you have some serious $ and time into these bikes.......nice job!

Just for Glen, the 2012 version of the Ex Don Morley factory 350 Bullet stumpuller! Fame shortened to give 51" wheelbase from 55", Titanic engine lifted to give 12" ground clearance from 5.5". Weight reduced from 309lbs to just under 270lbs. Fantic front end, Yam rear wheel. Integrated clutch decompressor.

Tony

post-4447-0-00918100-1359828810_thumb.jpg

post-4447-0-99984300-1359828831_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

My daughter wanted to show her twin-shocker....so here is the freshly painted TY80 dad just finished rebuilding for her first foray into trials this year. Bike is one that I put together from two different bikes, one a mint rolling chassis that came with a GT80 engine in pieces. Engine was the best part of a second bike I bought. Sold the GT80 engine in the rough chassis so ended up with this one for a little over $300.

post-13066-0-08956400-1359855801_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks , I was just browsing retro 80s yamaha paint jobs and I saw a Kenny Roberts bike, I thought it would be period and a bit different but staying close to the Yamaha DNA. Just the engine covers and brake plates to have done profesionally now