Show Me Your Twin Shocker!

sir dabs alot

Thanks for that .HaHa yes we did have a moment first time out! Hes under strict instructions to throw himself under the bike in times of trouble :D . Il try and upload a photo of the bike before we restored her.

If you look closely at the end of the bars one of the grips has had a hard life.

To be honest the front brake isnt any better than the standard ty set up but the forks are! This set up is one I had on my C15 until I entered scotland ,its a pair of fantic 35mm stantions in ty 250 twsh sliders but as the brace lugs were damaged I had them machined off and an adjustable brace fitted and a lug to accept a KT front hub, the only bit of un-period parts are the yokes they came off my air cooled gasser .

Edited by majdaz

Is the gas tank stock for that bike? If not,where did you get it? Sorry if it,s a dumb question,but I don,t know a whole lot about those bikes. One of my projects is a Hodaka 100 trials bike and I think that tank would be just right for it.

Thanks,Scot

your right it is an alloy tank but its an aftermarket one I bought off a guy in north yorkshire last year, hes retired and with a small gang of mates he does quite a bit with british and twinshock bikes including frame alterations and fabrications.

The original one was fibreglass but sadly time and modern fuel took its toll and I had to have all the innards removed and a tank made to fit inside the original shape, thats on the shelf for a future project.

Ive no idea if it will fit a Hodaka

Erm, I'll try:

The angle of that red meccano sub-frame, where the top of the rear shock attatches; it looks to be too steep for the rear shock to compress as it should, along the axis of the piston shaft?? without too much side load...if that makes sense? :dunce:

That is just an easy way to change the steering head angle without the need to cut the top and bottom frame tubes.I,ve seen some of his previous builds on the Strictly Hodaka site and they were pretty cool.This is not the first one he has built so I,m guessing that it works pretty good.

Edited by scot taco

That is just an easy way to change the steering head angle without the need to cut the top and bottom frame tubes.I,ve seen some of his previous builds on the Strictly Hodaka site and they were pretty cool.This is not the first one he has built so I,m guessing that it works pretty good.

Seems a helluva lot harder than cutting the backbone and adding a splice,I have seen it done on XT500 yamahas to convert them for Flattrack,but they've got oil in the frame that would complicate a backbone extension.

I just did a TY175 last weekend,easypeasy,added 1 inch to it.took longer to move the tank mounts back than to extend it.haven't got it reassembled yet,my bud who owns it immeadiately scored another really nice TY and he's been playing with that. I may just talk him outa all the rest of his ty stuff.