Show Me Your Twin Shocker!

sir dabs alot

• 1 month later...

My TY 175

I've seen this bike in person, and it's a very trick TY. It sounds really good, and has a lot of handmade parts. He even completely handmade the pipe and silencer! Shercosteve is not only a great fabricator, but he's also a heck of a rider, and he took 1st place on this bike at our last event.

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words! In total this is one of three 175's that I have built. They are so much fun to ride. Summary of my mods, Billet triple clamps with the fork tubes parallel to the stem, TY 250 forks Magical, valving, adjustable caps and progressive springs, My own version of the all in one exhaust and header pipe, ported cylinder, boyesen 2 stage reeds, modified stock airbox, lengthened swing arm, moved upper shock mounts and betor shocks, black excel wheels with buchanan stainless spokes. I'm also using a electronic ignition and a Mikuni VM 26 carb.

I almost enjoy riding this bike more than the moderns anymore.

Steve

Edited by shercosteve

I've seen this bike in person, and it's a very trick TY. It sounds really good, and has a lot of handmade parts. He even completely handmade the pipe and silencer! Shercosteve is not only a great fabricator, but he's also a heck of a rider, and he took 1st place on this bike at our last event.

Oh yea,Means he will be riding the "Equalizer" line at my event :banana: in October.

BTW Steve,Super and I were messing around and found that it looks like a Reflex swingarm will fit a TY175 with a few mm trimmed off each side,we just didn't have a healthy arm to try it out on.

Edited by htrdoug
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...