Show Me Your Twin Shocker!

sir dabs alot

My model 190 Bultaco, 1977 I think (not sure), a couple more small jobs and she's ready for action :hyper:

Nice work. you might want to raise the back end of the rear guard though....as the nobbies might catch it on full compression.

Newly restored MH200. Still to do the decals which are on the order. Been in storage for the last nine years, but started pretty easily after a top end rebuild with new rebore/pison, small end, kickstart spring,cables, plug, oil etc.

Still a bit of tweaking to do, number one being it refuses to idle (see my thread!)

Can't wait to get out on it!

WP_20140509_001_zps99f8836a.jpg

WP_20140509_002_zpsbba5763e.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

My nearly unmolested, largely original Cota 247 .....

Cheers

Stefano

P.S. where do I find a seat in a better condition than this one? It has 2 small(ish) holes on its right side.

post-20158-0-37996300-1404161179_thumb.jpg

post-20158-0-85230200-1404161298_thumb.jpg

Edited by stefanop
  • Like 1

Montesa Cota 349 Mark 4 (1982) - From barn find to 'well tidy'attachicon.gifDSC00543.JPG

Lovely

One of my favourite bikes and very under rated. Had the Cota 350 model back in the day but all the sections were hopping sections then, needing plenty of clutch and brake for tight turns and the clutch was it's biggest problem. Not on a par with the other later twinshocks for trick riding. But for today's classic events, where very little clutching is needed, fantastic bike

• Like 1

Yes Kramit the bars are adjustable far forwards or far back. Its one of the nicest bikes i have to ride. The front end is very light and easy to pick up. Ive a few of these and Ive always heard the chain click when the suspension compressed as if the chain was jumping of the sprocket for a moment.One interesting wierdo bit about the bike is that as the suspension compresses the chain gets slacker, which is contrary to all other bikes Im aware of. So you have to tighten the chain with only a tiny amount of slack prior to riding. This clicking was the chain jumping teeth as it was to slack when the suspension was compressed.

It gets ridden twice a year and isn't quite the show piece model it appears to be in the photo. Not far off though

Jcm early mmodels were the same. Its a problem as usually the torque of the engine compresses the rear suspension and aids traction. When I rode jcms I found them hard to get grip with but didn't understand why at the time.

• 5 weeks later...

Like the boost bottle on the majesy,they where very posh in the early 80's also on 250 a 350 LC's

I think I understand the theory behind it, but did it make much difference in practice?

• Like 1

I never felt any difference , A properly set up Flat slide gives much sharper response and performance . I don't even remember what all the claims were for the "roost boost bottle" , besides the psychological benefits ....

Glenn

• Like 2