Show Me Your Twin Shocker!

sir dabs alot

i just receved yesterday the entry form for this year Vintage Fest at Ormstown Qc , and for the 3rd year Mick will be there. I look foward to meet him again, as you all said great MAN. He does'nt only advise you on riding technic, he generously give you pointers on '' setuping '' your bike. If you never attend Mick trial scool, you miss something.

Guy

Great machine.......I love the handlebar mounting

Great machine.......I love the handlebar mounting

Yes Kramit the bars are adjustable far forwards or far back. Its one of the nicest bikes i have to ride. The front end is very light and easy to pick up. Ive a few of these and Ive always heard the chain click when the suspension compressed as if the chain was jumping of the sprocket for a moment.One interesting wierdo bit about the bike is that as the suspension compresses the chain gets slacker, which is contrary to all other bikes Im aware of. So you have to tighten the chain with only a tiny amount of slack prior to riding. This clicking was the chain jumping teeth as it was to slack when the suspension was compressed.

It gets ridden twice a year and isn't quite the show piece model it appears to be in the photo. Not far off though

Edited by gasgas249uk

Will try again and see if it works this time.

162_zps2b58dd6d.jpg

This bloke just grabbed me bike and rode off LOL Dont mind though he's a good mate.

I saw him in action, in Mons, belgium a few months ago: which was nice...

• Like 1

Yes Kramit the bars are adjustable far forwards or far back. Its one of the nicest bikes i have to ride. The front end is very light and easy to pick up. Ive a few of these and Ive always heard the chain click when the suspension compressed as if the chain was jumping of the sprocket for a moment.One interesting wierdo bit about the bike is that as the suspension compresses the chain gets slacker, which is contrary to all other bikes Im aware of. So you have to tighten the chain with only a tiny amount of slack prior to riding. This clicking was the chain jumping teeth as it was to slack when the suspension was compressed.

It gets ridden twice a year and isn't quite the show piece model it appears to be in the photo. Not far off though

Strange...doesn't seem like there would be that much movement with 5" travel shocks... maybe your chain/sprockets are very worn....but from the looks of the bike, that would be the only thing worn out! I remember riding one of these and it seemed to me that the front end was too light...maybe the footpegs were moved rearward somewhat...I don't know.

Did your cylinder have a small round port (7mm or so) above the exhaust port? This port also transfered into the exhaust

Looks to me that the Merlin has the swingarm pivot below the gearbox sprocket which would explain why the chain gets more freeplay as the suspension compresses, the distance between sprocket & pivot wouldn't help either

Front sprocket looks tiny as well which wouldn't help with chain life

Was the Merlin the forerunner of gas gas or were the pxc stickers fitted later on?