Who Thinks Non Stop Is A Good Idea

I am with Johnnyboxer on this. Nothing more annoying at some trials when the kids start hopping about as the queue grows, lots of revs , more hopping and a bit more noise then ....................5.

Reason why the classic scene is busy in this neck of the woods I'd say. Good idea? Bad idea? Depends what you know??

:agreed: Classics and Twinshocks are just about the ONLY growth area in trials at the moment and guess what they ALL run to non stop rules. You know the ones everybody seems to say are unworkable :wall:

If you stop it should be a 5 in my book otherwise it's just a balancing competition, but like has already been said that's what I was brought up on. Problem is sections evolved to allow stopping which therefore is generally too tight for no-stop so you need to adjust sections accordingly.

:agreed: Well said it's amazing how few of the stop wave your leg in the air hop it rev the nuts off it then dump the clutch mob cant even ride a simple adverse camber.

Stop and Balance = 0 Start to lose balance, drop clutch then argue you were moving, not really a solution .

:agreed: Dynamic balance as in you are moving is a skill related to trials Static balance i.e. when you are stationary is a skill related to pole squatting :popcorn:
  • Like 2

we as a sport are not united about one or the other (or a third way). thus we are going to have to accept that we all disagree, as long as each event says what it is going to run and runs it and enforces it properly then we can all cope.

• Like 4

Pretty simple if you ask me. All outdoors events no stop. All indoor events anything goes. Besides this is a motorized sport. If you want to hop all day for a workout, get a monty! Now how close you score this is another matter. The FIM video did no-stop no justice. That has always been the issue between scorers.

I think every event should go no stop and riders be forced to ride rules that they may not agree/like/brought up on, because it will sell loads more bikes increase participation levels (to what we saw in the seventies) and create a spectacle at the top level so good TV will be fighting over the rights to show it.

No stop will bring riders back like Gomez Gibert Bruand Walker morris Wigg smage webb and others still in their twenties and pursuing other two wheel actiities, it will make diesel and entries cheaper, DHL the sponsors at wtc level will transport bikes for the also rans to the first wtc round in japan and the second in the usa free of charge from europe, and a small amount of start money to cover rider and minder paid from the £20k it costs to run a FIM sanctioned event.

No stop will increase entries at British championship level, oh sorry that cant happen the ACU have limited entries!

the benefits of no stop in the south of england will increase land access and create better sections round the four laps of the fields and make the ditches and tree routes so appealing entries to club events will be limited.

it will wont it?

• Like 3

I was hoping somebody would start a topic on this cant believe we haven't discussed it before ......... yawn.

Glen, if we only discussed subjects once , TC would be a very quite place !

Edited by b40rt
  • Like 1

what? i spent years developing a secret identity and your going to just tell every one !!! :-)

at the minute i think environmental issues, MSA / Road Traffic Act and lack of youth new starters present a far greater risk to trials as we know it than petty in fighting over which rules we prefer.

I was being sarcastic with the yawn but there are bigger issues to address which we choose to ignore.

• Like 2

what? i spent years developing a secret identity and your going to just tell every one !!! :-)

at the minute i think environmental issues, MSA / Road Traffic Act and lack of youth new starters present a far greater risk to trials as we know it than petty in fighting over which rules we prefer.

I was being sarcastic with the yawn but there are bigger issues to address which we choose to ignore.

Certainly bang on there :)

• Like 1

Frankly it's overdevelopment of the bikes that's caused this problem.

Look at the prep list for Beta for the SSDT on this site.

What it says is hopeless for anything other than short circuit trials. and the rest of the makes are the same.

Are they really motorcycles any more? you can't sit down or go any distance and are borderline legal on the road at best

It's not rule changes.

• Like 1

Frankly it's overdevelopment of the bikes that's caused this problem.

Look at the prep list for Beta for the SSDT on this site.

What it says is hopeless for anything other than short circuit trials. and the rest of the makes are the same.

Are they really motorcycles any more? you can't sit down or go any distance and are borderline legal on the road at best

It's not rule changes.

You forgot to say "when I was a lad" etc

Here is a view from a noobie who has been fasinated with the sport for years and am now finally giving it a try. I have attempted to compete a handful of times and intend to more for some perspective. It appears to me, for all but he highly committed the price of admission is too high in terms of pactice, balance, control, etc. I'm hooked but I've thought many times "this is just too hard" and can see how others give it a short try and decide it's not for me. Honestly as a noobie I have no dog in this fight but I really think it will be a good experiment and if it is intolerable or doesn't lead to te desired results, only 1 year lost.

• Like 2

On the up? Did you see the scores? Bet not many riders enjoyed that yesterday.... No stop should be kept to pre 65/ twin shock classes and the likes of the ssdt/loch lomond/reeth/lakes etc where the sections allow for flowing style trials.... British champs riders will go clean all day at these kind of trials no problem the sections need to be more severe to push the boundaries. What the top riders in the country/world can make a 65kg motorbike do is awesome, why peg them back so that older guys and lesser riders can enter a trial and drop hundreds of marks? It won't attract any more to the sport, let's be serious the top riders will still be the top riders and everyone else will find it too hard. It's swings and roundabouts. An issue we will all have to agree to disagree on. Shame the FIM went ahead and made the changes. That FIM no stop video is cringe-worthy. Not impressive atall. It's not 1970 anymore, things move on.

• Like 2