New Forum For New Vertigo Brand

Andy

This reminds me of an old joke.

How do you make a small fortune out of trials?

Start with a large one!

Seriously though if they have the money and balls to give it a go, why not try.

At the worst they can pull the plug before expensive production of metal parts starts.

• Like 1

How about the following to differentiate the bike from the current models:

Use a water powered motor to drive the cooling fan - significant reduction in wiring coils and rectifier

No linkage air suspension

Fully enclosed final drive chain inside swinging arm - possibly single sided

Wet rear brake inside gearbox - directly actuated by pedal mounted on gearbox casing - no hydraulics, no linkages etc.

Youv'e got a point Marky Boy, Fair play to Vertigo at having a go.

To be honest all modern bikes pretty much the same in standard form, It's the buyers perspective that sells bikes. A lot is down to advertising, marketing and who is winning on them.

Some People buy 4rt's because they see what Bou can do on one but in reality Bou's bike is a space age exotic 5 million yen bike that only shares the same stickers as a repsol production one. In reality the 4 rt is a good solid heavy clubman bike.

Same goes for all the other brands when people are buying new, I rode some of the new ones at the test day this year and they are much the same as the last 2 years, The only bike that had the fueling sorted was the gas gas racing with sherco suprisingly a close second but not perfect. The ossa needed a re map and the jotagas 300 is spoiled by a budget delorto.

If Vertigo can match the ride of a gas gas with a light, proper running bike with decent components and a good solid company background as 5 and a half grand is not a gamble for us poor folk then I would be interested.

• Like 2

I certainly do not pretend to know the ins and outs of tax laws. I do know a few motorsport firms that have 2 similar sounding business's , and they run one at a loss and offset tax against the other? I have no idea how it works..

But the statement still stands....clever big business try to make it look like they have lost money so to avoid paying tax, re recent cases...

Anyway, whether folk like it or not, they may not necessary be in it to make money.

I certainly do not pretend to know the ins and outs of tax laws. I do know a few motorsport firms that have 2 similar sounding business's , and they run one at a loss and offset tax against the other? I have no idea how it works..

But the statement still stands....clever big business try to make it look like they have lost money so to avoid paying tax, re recent cases...

Anyway, whether folk like it or not, they may not necessary be in it to make money.

No one loses money in business on purpose. Whats the point of that? There are many vehicles for manipulating your businesses finances to offset losses against taxes but the idea is to make money not lose it.

I agree some people do things in business for other reasons than to make money if they have already made so much they don't care about losing/wasting lots of it. It seems the owner of Vertigo just may be in that very position :)

I have a client who runs 2 business that sort of compliment each other, one is run at a loss deliberately, the other one uses its services for next to nothing.

The owner told me this himself, all about the tax apparently.

So we have one person who has set up 2 companies to conduct inter-company trading in a way to avoid paying taxes. This is effectively ONE company with the benefits going to ONE individual, so his prime goal is for the combined result to make money. To make MORE money he has used this as a vehicle of tax avoidance to achieve that and in doing so, the rest of us honest tax paying people get hammered to cover the cost of this to the country. Its not smart do to this, its morally corrupt! :(

Anyway, back to the thread.....

Edited by atomant
  • Like 3