The One Honda Have Never Won

jj65

I'm no 4rt fan Dabill deserves credit. I acknowledge it's a very reliable bike, it does have good suspension and they are really quick on the road. But so is a CBR 600, for me ultimately you enter a trial to clean the sections, I don't think it's the best bike for that function. It may only be my view but I can live with that. Honda couldn't care less

• Like 1

No but he gave it a bash.

Anyway what about someone from the Netherlands knocking our wonderful trial.

Imagine a six days there probably on a banking holding back the North Sea, by the Wednesday it would have worn through and we've have a massive shortage of Edam. 

And this Austrailian chappie too surprised if there's more than one trials rider in each time zone out there.

You can't call yourself a trials rider unless you've ridden the Scottish.

• Like 2

No but he gave it a bash.

Anyway what about someone from the Netherlands knocking our wonderful trial.

Imagine a six days there probably on a banking holding back the North Sea, by the Wednesday it would have worn through and we've have a massive shortage of Edam. 

And this Austrailian chappie too surprised if there's more than one trials rider in each time zone out there.

You can't call yourself a trials rider unless you've ridden the Scottish.

Yay! afer all these years riding, its confirmed then! woo hoo! So people who simply wax poetic about the trial and spectate numerous times are just posers? :rotfl:

Yay! afer all these years riding, its confirmed then! woo hoo! So people who simply wax poetic about the trial and spectate numerous times are just posers? :rotfl:

Location: Canada. You have no idea how important the SSDT is. Only those in north UK know how much it means to everyone around the world.

Posted by steve fracy on 01 October 2015 - 04:24 AM

Its great that you enjoyed so much time on the bike this year, and enjoyed your training time with Jon English, a member of the CMA TAC. All of it had nothing to do with WTC, as it doesn't really exist. What is clear, is that a small group of people in this great country have NO regard for the future of the sport, and continue to blow their own horn, for reasons only know to them.

Location: Canada. You have no idea how important the SSDT is. Only those in north UK know how much it means to everyone around the world.

FYI- I was having fun and poking others who haven't ridden the event. I rode and finished 110th in 1992. I was sitting around 60th most of the week until I somehow missed two sections and was given a 100pt penalty. Would love to do it again with my son.

• Like 1

Posted by steve fracy on 01 October 2015 - 04:24 AM

Its great that you enjoyed so much time on the bike this year, and enjoyed your training time with Jon English, a member of the CMA TAC. All of it had nothing to do with WTC, as it doesn't really exist. What is clear, is that a small group of people in this great country have NO regard for the future of the sport, and continue to blow their own horn, for reasons only know to them.

??????

Who needs to read Kenny the Rooster with so many jokers on here. The SSDT is certainly on my bucket list but I might be getting too old. I know we are only damn colonials but we certainly have enough miserable terrain and weather in Canada to put on a similar event here... but it could never hold the same prestige as the real thing... not sure what any of this has to do with a Honda winning though B)     

Edited by michael_t
  • Like 2

The Scottish is a huge part of the heritage of our sport, disrepsect it or the Scott then you disrespect this sport and it's very very rich history. The SSDT is loved and revered in every part of the world, you only need to look at the locations riders come from every year Japan, Australia, Canada, the US, South Africa, Europe, even a man who hand built a bike and drove from East Germany to compete before the wall came down, it is and always will be the Greatest Trial of them all. 

HRC exist to win world championships and until the SSDT went back to no stop it was as important to the manufacturers as WTC look at the list of World Champions who have won the even, Michaud, Tarres, Schrieber, Gorgot, Burgat and nearly all the Lampkins. HRC put a lot into Steve and Eddy's attempts, it just didn't work for them.

Whatever else people think and don't forget you are entitled to your opinions, until Toni Bou has a couple of Scott's and a couple of SSDT's under his belt, he'll never be the greatest of them all in my book.

• Like 7

• 8 months later...

Having lived and been in the European trials Scene I can assure everyone that the SSDT is regarded here as the top trial in the world. If manufacturers and marketing people are reading I can add that nearly everybody I know (after 45 years of competition) uses the performance of bikes in the SSDT as thier yardstick of how good a bike is. It may be rude and old fashioned to say a good rider will win on any bike which in one day events may be true. A good rider can nurse a bike through the SSDT better than a crasher/thrasher but six days ,six hundred miles and 180 sections can throw up a lot of variables; this is what the top guys and marketing men fear.......apart from the fact that its a lot harder work than a WTC round.

• Like 2