2018 cold seize?

Mountainbrad

At a new years eve party at my house, a cute girl told me she had dirt bike experience but wanted to try a trials bike. It was about -5C outside.

I started up my TRRS 2018 300 RR on the first kick like always. It idled for 20 seconds before I gave it to her. That was a mistake.

She jumped on and put it in first or second gear. She proceeded to run it  jerking down the street with the occasional accidental wheelie. After 200 meters, she got the hang of the clutch and proceeded to pin in in second gear down the street full throttle. She went around the corner but we could hear it wide open for another 40-60 seconds. Then nothing. Eventually she walked it back. She told me it died like it ran out of fuel. I asked her why she pinned it and she said it wouldn't change gears. I couldn't start it. I switched to reserve fuel as I had rode earlier. It started after the 10th kick but only for 20 seconds. Thinking it was out of gas i didn't get to worried.

The next day it started first kick but quickly died. Eventually It started again but won't idle, i need to keep the revs up. I changed the coolant and oil and found not contaminated. It feels like a fuel issue and has back fired on start up. I'm worried she may have scored the top end. I'm planning to take the carb apart next. Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, serious but sad post. An update on the bike.

Unfortunately the rings, piston, and cylinder wall got cooked. See pictures below.

Have to replace the piston, rings and get the cylinder rebored and plated. I'm not sure on the cost, and i won't get the cylinderback until early February...be careful about new years eve shenanigans. 

IMG_20190107_185322.jpg

IMG_20190107_185242.jpg

IMG_20190107_185302.jpg