New Future Of Montesa/4rt........

pedronicman

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from my local bike shop, today that the montesa will cease to be made after 2012. He reckons he was told that they have enough parts to make the bikes for the next 2 years and then thats it? Apparently they are just not shifting the units. I never asked about his source but he's not any kind of bull****ter I just thought it strange that I hadnt read it anywhere like TMX first??

I heard from my local bike shop, today that the montesa will cease to be made after 2012. He reckons he was told that they have enough parts to make the bikes for the next 2 years and then thats it? Apparently they are just not shifting the units. I never asked about his source but he's not any kind of bull****ter I just thought it strange that I hadnt read it anywhere like TMX first??

All Japanses factories use "just in time" system so they do not STOCK parts in inventory. This is just another rumor.

All Japanses factories use "just in time" system so they do not STOCK parts in inventory. This is just another rumor.

This whole topic is based on rumour, assumptions, guesses and opinions of soothsayers who are 'in the know'.

eg: Recent post said it has nothing to do with Honda UK, but it is now 5 day old news that Honda UK have appointed Pidcock's sole Montesa dealer and that bikes are expected into the UK in early March

This whole topic is based on rumour, assumptions, guesses and opinions of soothsayers who are 'in the know'.

eg: Recent post said it has nothing to do with Honda UK, but it is now 5 day old news that Honda UK have appointed Pidcock's sole Montesa dealer and that bikes are expected into the UK in early March

Indeed Woody!

Big John

Thought just popped into my head that there may well be an element of fact in that the 4RT (as a model) will be 7 years old in 2012 ???

The real question is, does Honda and/or Montesa have plans for a new model for 2013 ?

Just a thought.

GaffaMont.

Thought just popped into my head that there may well be an element of fact in that the 4RT (as a model) will be 7 years old in 2012 ???

The real question is, does Honda and/or Montesa have plans for a new model for 2013 ?

Just a thought.

GaffaMont.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this, so are quite a few others as well :rolleyes:

At the end of the day Montesa and Honda Must have an Research and development department. It would be hard to imagine that Montesa have sat back and just partially developed the 4rt over the past five years and not funded development on a newer generation bike.

Personally I love to see a Montesa Enduro bike based around the 4rt but I am sure that would be counter productive as it would compete with the crf x range.

But all this is pure speculation. No one really knows apart from the top brass at Montesa and Honda Europe.

So Why is the 4rt so much better than a 315? - to my un-educated mind it seems like a 315 with a 4stroke engine in it.

I'd love to see a new Mont 2 stroke, Sherco, Ossa, Gas Gas & Beta make the Monts seem so bulky and old. That said i dont like how far Sherco and Beta have gone with 'Skinny' . Pure asthetics thing though (well i am a designer!) I like the chunky ruggedness of monts, it's just they seem so old now - i'd loike to see a totally new 2T model

So Why is the 4rt so much better than a 315? - to my un-educated mind it seems like a 315 with a 4stroke engine in it.

I'd love to see a new Mont 2 stroke, Sherco, Ossa, Gas Gas & Beta make the Monts seem so bulky and old. That said i dont like how far Sherco and Beta have gone with 'Skinny' . Pure asthetics thing though (well i am a designer!) I like the chunky ruggedness of monts, it's just they seem so old now - i'd loike to see a totally new 2T model

Evo is wider than a mont at footrests.