What Did You Do To Your Fantic Twin Or Mono Shock Today !

shyted

It's bolted to the airbox. The middle picture shows a slightly curved piece that goes inside the airbox and bolts through to the new ear which is internally threaded(no glue although I'd love to find a good cement for delrin)). It holds quite well and in retrospect I think I should have cut off the original ear altogether and made a new one held with two through bolts and backing plate. May still do that. I think you said it's an addiction; indeed it is

Fixed the broken ear on my 300

Keep an eye on the center post,once the airbox starts getting brittle the center post can pull loose and then the filter falls out, I had been patching mine and noticed when I got home from a ride the airbox lid laying out against the sidecover. Had to fabricate a aluminum one.

Well my middle box broke during the event last sunday. Figured fantic005_zps3ff6a911.jpgmight as well burn it out before welding her back up!

Watch them there rafters !! young man ... And you know to make sure it's rubber mounted/isolated I'm sure ..

Glenn :)

Edited by axulsuv

After talking about the 300 pipe last week and now this `new` problem, I`ve got the pipe to bypass this and go with a new FMF Spark Arrester I just happened to have lying around. I still plan on fixing the stock pipe, so I can go back if I need too. Optical illusion on the rafter fire by the way.

Had me fooled for a minute , 'cause when i burnt out the pipe on my 240 a few years ago , once it got to temp it started a draft thru the pipe and shot a flame for about 5 minutes ... But it had also spent a few days in a solvent tank with the nozzle running through it .

Now that I've cleaned and repacked the mess in my sections silencer , you got me thinking I need to clean the midbox and decarbon the headpipe too .

• 3 weeks later...

Got up early of night shift and went for a couple of hours practice/riding on my 200.

Came home to find that the vehicle reg document I applied for on Monday had arrived in the post. Even got an age related plate.

A big thanks to Bill Pye for age document.

Eddie how did you register your 200?

Requested a V55/5 from DVLA using their online site

MOT'd the bike on the frame number

Insured the bike on the frame number - Carol Nash do this but my insurance, just motorcycleswhich is part of Carol Nash, allowed me to add it as an additional vehicle to my multibike policy.

Requested and received a dating letter from Bill Pye. I really think that this is a big help to getting it through DVLA. As they accept it as proof of what the bike is and what age it is.

I then filled in the V55/5 form as well as I could. many of the questions are irrelevant as it does not need type approval being a trials bike

Sent all of this together with a copy of my driving licence, paper and plastic card, first reg payment of £55 and roadfund licence for over 150cc of £37. With it being a 156cc I was really miffed with that one as it would have been £17 :)

I posted it Monday and got the V5 Friday. although they say this can take up to 6 weeks. Still waiting for tax disc and MOT, insurace cert to come back which is surprising as I was expecting these first but I am sure they will arrive soon.

Hope I have explained it clearly enough. It was a lot more straight forward than I thought.

• Like 1