Gas Gas Future?

telecat

I have sat back and watched this forum but my take is even if they get an investment of that 9 million its is still less than half their debt!

Would that satisfy the banks? now unles their are some "Bankers" (I said bankers?) on here that can answer that question it is looking pretty bleak and anyone with that amount of money to invest would possibly look elsewhere to get a return.

Almost delaying the inevitable are they not better going bust someone buying the assets and starting again?

The question is if the government is going to save them again or do they have to actually make the business work "as a business" ? Big difference between bankers and government partners.

Hmmm expand into China. Foreign investors? Would you still love your GasGas if it was made in China? Come to think of it how much of the Honda is still made in Spain? Any of it?

They can make good stuff in China, or Asia for that matter (see for instance mountain bikes), as long as they are under strict supervision.

I saw a test of a Chinese car once, and it wasn't perfect to say the least, but I'm sure they'll get the hang of it someday.

By the way, the Spanish make damn good Hondas under licence so...

Asian made vehicles can be good, Thailand makes most of the Pick ups, Toyota's, Mitsubishi's, Isuzu's, Ford Rangers etc and most people think they come from Japan.

Bikes however, as you stated yourself, They make good stuff in china, and with the right supervision, a Gas Gas could be made better and cheaper.

For a £1000 you can get a good, brand new Chinese trail or road bike that you can ride for over 25000 miles without it breaking if made in the right factory.

For the sake of Gas Gas, Their employees and their families I hope they come out of this mess o.k

Asian made vehicles can be good, Thailand makes most of the Pick ups, Toyota's, Mitsubishi's, Isuzu's, Ford Rangers etc and most people think they come from Japan.

Bikes however, as you stated yourself, They make good stuff in china, and with the right supervision, a Gas Gas could be made better and cheaper.

For a £1000 you can get a good, brand new Chinese trail or road bike that you can ride for over 25000 miles without it breaking if made in the right factory.

For the sake of Gas Gas, Their employees and their families I hope they come out of this mess o.k

Gas Gas already uses Chinese motors in their Randonne and Cami models.

At this stage / point in time I doubt if manufacturing in Asia is the answer.

GG needs to sell more bikes at a profit, not make more bikes than they can sell.

Setting up in Asia would cost

If Spanish parts supplier (and creditor) found they were to be replaced by Asian supplier I think they would sue for repayment promptly.

As I see it (and obviously I don't have inside knowledge) GG need to sell more bikes and use the profit to pay off debts, or reduce the cost of their manufacturing / production operation to generate more profit from existing sales.

I think the suppliers would have little to say if Chinese investors infused cash into GasGas that could be used to pay them off. Regulators might intervene but I doubt it as they want their money back too. For a Chinese company to acquire a known brand might be well worth 20mil. Much more than the company is currently worth. Think Tata motors acquiring Jaguar or Honda acquiring Montesa.

At this stage / point in time I doubt if manufacturing in Asia is the answer.

GG needs to sell more bikes at a profit, not make more bikes than they can sell.

Setting up in Asia would cost

If Spanish parts supplier (and creditor) found they were to be replaced by Asian supplier I think they would sue for repayment promptly.

As I see it (and obviously I don't have inside knowledge) GG need to sell more bikes and use the profit to pay off debts, or reduce the cost of their manufacturing / production operation to generate more profit from existing sales.

If manufacturers that sell less bikes than gg can survive why do they have to sell more?