Gas Gas Future?

telecat

GasGas is broken

10930185_906623622716083_803474169704880

Now I've seen a few earlier model gasssers photographed in a similar state of distress but not one of the newer frames like this one?

As for the Scorpa? Twas it not the ali steering stem that broke rather than the frame itself? The reason I ask is:-

Here's a conversation, I was party to, between a Scorpa dealer and a disgruntled SY owner;

Owner. Hello, the steering stem's snapped on my new SY, it's only ali' can I have a new one?

Dealer. No, they never break, you must have abused it, I don't get any call for them that's why I don't keep 'em !

Owner. Really?OK I'm an engineer for (K*M*TS* censored :shutup: ) so I'll get a steel one CNC-ed at work.

Dealer. Oh, right...Is there any chance you can make me a few, I'll pay you...........

:stupid::dunce:

Sorry, I'm wandering off topic again :beer:

• Like 1

I have not been paying too much attention as I don't recall the older ones breaking, but I thought the change to round section tubing was simply because it is cheaper. If it wasn't, I'm sure they would have stuck with elliptical, just painted it differently and fitted new stickers for that factory look.

What's in it for the cynic? :D

• Like 3

Tubular frame is lighter. Out of the box there is a plastic protector to prevent the yoke smacking into the frame when you hit something on full lock. However most people take it off to gain more lock but i doubt regular impacts are doing the frame much good.

With regard to #221 and #222 I feel I can sum it up with risking keyboard fatigue failure

Res ipsa loquitor as the Beta engineers may say.

Such failures are inevitable given the constant drive to make bikes lighter. The first time I saw the lower bearing housing stiffener on the outside of the headstock I suspected GG were building this area pretty close to the minimum strength limit.

The upper and lower frame tubes are connected to the headstock bearing tube over a relatively short distance, similar to 348 montesas that also suffered from similar failures.

Looks like a few Gasser frames have broken now, It's strange how Raga, Crosset and Dupont can push the bikes way beyond the limit and not break them, They don't even reinforce the frames on the stunt bikes.

Have seen Beta rev 3 and lots of 09 Evos with cracked frames and a few Sherco's also, My old one included, that needed repair and beefing up in 6 places.

Maybe there's some truth in the Chinese frame theory.

The Gasser frame looks like it would benefit from plates either side.

Dupont looks like he broke his bike in this video though, but then again how many people jump their bikes from that sort of height?

EDIT: Around 30 seconds in

Edited by hrmad