Gas Gas Future?

telecat

The first link looks like a scam to me as in buy the bike on line and what shows up has the same number of wheels and that's about all.

Read down a bit and it has a four stroke gas/diesel with kick and electric start. At 66kg no less. Sounds pretty good.

Edited by dan williams

Out of curiosity, I contacted Mr. Shao and he and the company seems legit although I have no intention of buying one. I told him I have agents in China ready to take delivery and handle shipping. He responded that the bikes are still in development.

The Chinese are not accurate with their listings but he responded to my questions and I believe his company does make the frames for Gas Gas Pros. Here is part of his response:

The difference is: all the parts we used is made in China, but the structure is the same to gasgas original ones. As the technical parameter shows, we use Zongshen 4-stroke engine, not 2-stroke engine. In China 2-stroke engine is forbidden to be produced due to environmental protection.

Actually for this model, we are still in developing status. We will finish the first sample on May, 2015, so we do not have detailed photos, and if you want to buy sample, you have to wait for 3 months.I am sorry, but we will push the sample developing.

On their company profile are factory photos and I found this one:

16356921448_db48a76d60_s.jpg

GG Pro style frame with Zongshen motor which looks like a 4RT copy. Next generation Randonne prototype? Chinese frames and motors can be very good. It looks like they make frames for Yamaha also. Sherco, Scorpa and Beta use the same Chinese 125 4 stroke engines that Yamaha uses. I wonder if Sherco frames are made in China? They moved to the cheaper to produce tubular frames about the same time. It would be safe to assume the 2T motors are not made in China.

The factory could be stuck with unpaid for Pro frames so they are planning to make and sell these all Chinese versions. Set your calendar for May for the unveiling of the all Chinese Gas Gas Pro!

"As I see it (and obviously I don't have inside knowledge) GG need to sell more bikes and use the profit to pay off debts, or reduce the cost of their manufacturing / production operation to generate more profit from existing sales."

The reason I made the above statement is because I suspect GGs manufacturing capacity (and therefore costs) is greater than they need for current sales volume.

This suspicion is supported by 2 pieces of evidence

1) Creditors see more sales into new markets as a solution

2) GG more frequently than other manufacturers have discounted sales of unsold bikes

​The probable reason other manufacturers do not need to sell more is because their manufacturing capacity is closer matched to sales volume than GGs.

• Like 1

I think your right there dadof2, I didn't see too many discounted last season, I think they made less bikes or sold more.

But the last 3 years before there has been loads of discounted pro's on sale for a long time.

It seems strange they only made the racing models this year.

From Dale Malasek, the US importer,
"The factory and its bank came to an agreement on the re-organization plan last week and will sign the contracts Tuesday. So, it’s back to normal operation for the factory now with all their debt forgiven!!"
Dale also said he has all 2015 bikes in stock except the Contact which is due in April.

Sourced from Adventure Rider.

Edited by 10k
  • Like 1

From Dale Malasek, the US importer,

"The factory and its bank came to an agreement on the re-organization plan last week and will sign the contracts Tuesday. So, it’s back to normal operation for the factory now with all their debt forgiven!!"

Dale also said he has all 2015 bikes in stock except the Contact which is due in April.

Sourced froam Adventure Rider.

Debt forgiven, I don't think that is the 'technical term' :hyper:

I'm sure they know where they went wrong and will take measures to make sure it doesn't happen again. Their bikes are the best sellers so the future is looking bright, Happy days, Good on them.

Neither does knowing where they went wrong unless they act upon it and learn. There is a possibility that they simply cannot make a profit, that will be the problem they need to act on as of today. I hope GasGas get through this now and learn from the past, GM and co were let off the hook when they really should have been left to go down in a free market place.

Edited by the addict

Out of curiosity, I contacted Mr. Shao and he and the company seems legit although I have no intention of buying one. I told him I have agents in China ready to take delivery and handle shipping. He responded that the bikes are still in development.

The Chinese are not accurate with their listings but he responded to my questions and I believe his company does make the frames for Gas Gas Pros. Here is part of his response:

The difference is: all the parts we used is made in China, but the structure is the same to gasgas original ones. As the technical parameter shows, we use Zongshen 4-stroke engine, not 2-stroke engine. In China 2-stroke engine is forbidden to be produced due to environmental protection.

Actually for this model, we are still in developing status. We will finish the first sample on May, 2015, so we do not have detailed photos, and if you want to buy sample, you have to wait for 3 months.I am sorry, but we will push the sample developing.

On their company profile are factory photos and I found this one:

16356921448_db48a76d60_s.jpg

GG Pro style frame with Zongshen motor which looks like a 4RT copy. Next generation Randonne prototype? Chinese frames and motors can be very good. It looks like they make frames for Yamaha also. Sherco, Scorpa and Beta use the same Chinese 125 4 stroke engines that Yamaha uses. I wonder if Sherco frames are made in China? They moved to the cheaper to produce tubular frames about the same time. It would be safe to assume the 2T motors are not made in China.

The factory could be stuck with unpaid for Pro frames so they are planning to make and sell these all Chinese versions. Set your calendar for May for the unveiling of the all Chinese Gas Gas Pro!

Reminds me of the Italjet 4 stroke back in the day......close, but no cigar

If the Chinese have bought a GasGas or any other trials bike they will pretty much , replicate it to a blob of weld. I worked in Hong Kong for a while and found they are great copiers .

Maybe the cheap trials bike will make a return . Like to bet it will at least be as good as the TY 175 was when that was new.

Would rather do a trial on a GasGas TXT 250 than a flying Swallow dragon king tiger claw 250 my self mind.

Be a shame if GasGas went in the end .

Edited by shyted