Gas Gas Future?

telecat

Come on guys. Let's not bicker over who killed who. Clearly it's not in GasGas favor to give out information during difficult financial negotiations. Dad'O makes valid points though his delivery is a bit abrupt. Might simply be a matter of who has a dog in this fight vs those who are simply seeing data and analyzing. We do get attached to our bikes and manufacturers especially in a market so small many of us feel part of the team. I think for the good of GasGas we all, myself included, should probably back off a bit.

Ok dan which of his points is valid?

I have read that Ramon Puente, (CEO GasGas) has announced to the local press (Diari de Girona) that an investor group is willing to pay €9m to see GasGas extend their market into South America and Asia ... so someone must have faith in the company.

Hey Dadof - Sorry - Id give you a big hug if you were here and hope you wouldnt take it the wrong way :)

Daniel is so right - We all feel a part of these motorcycle companies that weve grown up with and worked on etc . We are just genuinely interested in whats going on. Thats all.

Whilst lot of information is in the public domain ,a lot of whats said , is said in confidence and the people just dont want it mentioning and talked about. We can all understand that . After all its their business .

Just imagine forums talking about our business and the reasons why we might be having problems. Perhaps weve had a divorce , or our kid is taking drugs . We wouldnt like our linen out on the washing line for all to see and on these forums.

Its just not what they want. I think in time all of this information will come out .... Its no great shakes. Theres no secret ...they just ran up a big debt - my wife will explain to anyone how to do that :).

This GG issue is just money , with a little politics thrown in.

Everyone i speak with in Spain who are up on the story thinks GG will be fine and that this is just a hiccup. I'm sure theyre right .

• Like 2

Nigel #120 I will now add mortar board to helmet and wig.

Ideally I would live in my chosen manner in my chosen manor.

I started as an engineer when apprenticeships were (on the whole) much more rigorous than today. In the engineering / manufacturing downturn in the 1980s I switched to a more lucrative option, business law and accounting. I got bored looking at figures so moved back to engineering, both civil and mechanical.

Edited by dadof2

I started as an engineer when apprenticeships were (on the whole) much more rigorous than today. In the engineering / manufacturing downturn in the 1980s I switched to a more lucrative option, business law and accounting. I got bored looking at figures so moved back to engineering, both civil and mechanical.

I know what you mean dadof

But I would say... ideally I would live in my chosen manor in my chosen manner. I must be more materialistic than you ;-)

I would think that GG expanding into South America and Asia would be a great move.

The amount of small bikes in places like Thailand and Vietnam is unbelievable!

Speaking of Asia, my wife's cousin has just got engaged to a beautiful girl who was born in Japan. They met in Singapore where they both work for a big pensions company.

Apparently her dad is loaded and their surname is Suzuki! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the money was made selling bikes!!

Perhaps an interest in Asian women is not that 'unhealthy' after all..

Back to the boring tax returns!

All the best

• Like 1

Gasgas have had difficulties in the past and pulled through. It is still highly likely something will be sorted out in the very near future.

Dadof - the reason why this thread is not given information by people in the know is because people like you cannot discuss it reasonably. Your comments so far on Tc make it clear that you cannot draw reasonable conclusions . You twist and contort what you've said to fit the argument of the moment because your so desperate to appear on a higher ground than everyone else with a professional knowledge on so many things . It's a pity.

Many people have visited the Gasgas factory over the years and many know what they make and what they don't make there in some detail. They also know where and when the debt was run up.

Would they tell you and want to discuss it with you on here ? - Hell no

Gasgas will sort this out . Good luck to them.

James :thumbup:

• Like 1

I don't expect anyone to disclose what they have been told in confidence, but I wonder if anyone can summarise the financial history of GG, just roughly when and if possible why the Debt has built up.

Investors are willing to put in 9 million Euro if GG will export to some new markets???

Firstly that will raise GG debt to 24 + 9 = 33 million Euros.

Secondly why do they need 9 million to enter new markets.

It should be possible to set up an importer and dealer network for way under 1 million Euro

To provide cash to get production moving, again you can buy an awful lot of parts for 1 to 2 million Euro. I know if I were a parts supplier / creditor I would be glad to supply parts for cash even on a reduced mark up so long as covered my costs plus a bit as I probably have no one else to sell the items to that I would normally supply to GG.

Something does not look quite right.

I don't expect anyone to disclose what they have been told in confidence, but I wonder if anyone can summarise the financial history of GG, just roughly when and if possible why the Debt has built up.

Investors are willing to put in 9 million Euro if GG will export to some new markets???

Firstly that will raise GG debt to 24 + 9 = 33 million Euros.

Secondly why do they need 9 million to enter new markets.

It should be possible to set up an importer and dealer network for way under 1 million Euro

To provide cash to get production moving, again you can buy an awful lot of parts for 1 to 2 million Euro. I know if I were a parts supplier / creditor I would be glad to supply parts for cash even on a reduced mark up so long as covered my costs plus a bit as I probably have no one else to sell the items to that I would normally supply to GG.

Something does not look quite right.

As you went into accounting, I find it hard to believe you cannot see the problem yourself? The main issue is the debt they have to service. They have traded on the goodwill of their suppliers for too long and they now want their money they are owed paid back otherwise no more parts will be shipped. so it is obvious really.. isn't it ? <_<

They obviously have some operating costs to sort as well I must add...

Edited by atomant
  • Like 1

Clearly you are a man of the world and have some significant knowledge of engineering and accounting, and production.

Fockk JHJ you're the man for GG.

• Like 2

Oh this is better than the Vertigo debate ! Why don't you all go and sort GasGas industries problems out seeing that all the experts are here they should pass an Acid test easy

"Push you " , "Push me oooer" .

Isn't one of the points of a forum to debate topics, be a bit boring else, nice to read other peoples views.

Edited by the addict
  • Like 3