Everything posted by lineaway
-
Are Any Us Trials Done As They Were Done 40 Years Ago
All vintage guys are all right. AHRMA has a 1 line, but far from expert.
-
Gas Gas 80 Gear Oil,fuel Mix?
The 80 will actually work with all those oils, and 80;1 will be fine. Ps, just do not run the ty80 at that!
-
Beta Techno Information Required
Beta has almost always made there own motors. The `98 had fat bars stock and the rear fender was narrower. You could always post a picture.
-
New Gasgas Clutch Cover
It is real easy for the kick start shaft to move out a mm or two. Sometimes it is very frustrating to re- fit.
-
Fim Minimum Bike Weight Increase 2014? What?
The weight increases were there all along. For now it will only be directed at the factory bikes. Bring them `works` bikes more in line on what they sell. How far they`ll go in the question?
-
Gas Gas 80 Rookie Clutch Issue
Myself,I would fix the hydraulic problem before I would replace the clutch.
-
2013 250 Txt Cutting Out
I think he meant the kill switch on the handlebars and the mapping switch below.
-
Are Any Us Trials Done As They Were Done 40 Years Ago
http://mtwestvintage...447387695312500
-
Are Any Us Trials Done As They Were Done 40 Years Ago
We just finished our second season. We had 17 events in four states. A great format, hope we keep it going for years!http://mtwestvintagetrials.org/?doing_wp_cron=1384825107.4297380447387695312500
-
Gas Gas 80 Rookie Clutch Issue
The clutch between the 80 and 125(if it is a pro} work differently. A new clutch in a ten+ plus year old bike is not a bad thing, but it might require more than that.
-
2003 Gas Gas Txt Pro Gearbox Problem!
Sorry, page 60. My edit does not work. No wonder the cases appear damaged, clutch cover and center case.
-
2003 Gas Gas Txt Pro Gearbox Problem!
http://www.trialspar...iecepro2004.pdf The 2003 does not even show it in the manual. No wonder people do not think it is!
-
Bike Carrier, Hitch Mounted
There are many mounts out there. This one has to be a one off custom with all the details it has!
-
Moto Van Ideas...
I have had many vans, motor homes, and truck campers through the years. A well kitted van means you are hauling the bikes in a trailer, which I despise pulling a trailer. Been riding and camping more than 40 years. I prefer the keep it simple approach. Two bikes, sleeping bags, one large cooler, small table, coleman stove and an easy up. I carry one 5 gallon water bottle (For bathing and drinking) Bag each for riding gear and clothes. One small tool box, and bike fuel. I prefer a well insulated van. (So buy a conversion van and gut out the bed and chairs) I haul both bikes inside. To sleep I unload the bikes and just roll the bags on the floor. Two people have plenty of room, even better for one as you can leave the bike inside. If you need more electricity than 12 volts, buy a motorhome. I camp more than 30 days every year this way.
-
Irc Front Tyre Pressure ?
I`ve always used 6-7 no matter the brand.
-
2003 Gas Gas Txt Pro Gearbox Problem!
No, the small bearing looks like it could be from the blind bearing on the end of the kickstart shaft. You might post a picture of the other parts to see what`s missing.
-
2003 Gas Gas Txt Pro Gearbox Problem!
So the real story. Did you knock the kick start shaft out and shove it back in for the picture?
-
Yamaha Ty250
Clean the carb, clean the petcock and change the oil. Fuel at 50:1 and give her a test ride!
-
300 Pro Chain
Just buy a cheap 520 chain of the same length (as what came with the bike) if the rear sprocket is not obviously worn badly.
-
300 Pro Chain
You do not need any changes to go to 10t.
-
Ty80 Running Now Won't Start
Try a plug as stated. Either the plug went or the cylinder filled up with fluid while you ate.
-
Moto Van Ideas...
Full size vans are the way to go with bikes. I always preferred the Dodge. The chevy full size usually got better mileage than the Astro. The Astro drove fine, but you sure give up a lot of room for no cost savings. Best way to travel with the bikes secure and no parking problems vs everyone driving a bus nowadays.
-
Gasgas Raga Clutch Gone Solid
The clutch and changing the oil have nothing in common. So how much oil did you put in?
-
Tyz Fork Assembly Problems
I know the tool you are talking about, but never had needed it. I`ve never seen the bolts not come out as long as there was spring pressure.
-
Rev 3 200 Vs 270 Flywheel?
The weight he was looking at is on the primary side of the crank. I know my 270`s had them, 125 and 200 it looks unlikely. I can not see that it would make much difference if not changing out the crank.