Vertigo

jam

Had a good look at Scarborough. Generally the Bike looks OK. There are a few bits that look unfinished and they seem to be changing Parts. The Forks at the WTC this weekend are a different colour for example.

I don't think the cost of manufacture comes into it too much as I don't think the vertigo will be priced on a cost + basis . The owner is a shrewd businessman and I am as interested to know how he brings the machine to market as I am in the machine itself.

Will he price it at the top end of the market simply because he isn't geared up (yet) for mass manufacture so he may want to limit the sales to ensure they can meet demand?, or with his background of fast and efficient mass manufacture, will he want to price it lower, sell a lot more and ramp up production to suit and dominate the market?  Pretty interesting I think. 

With the current Issues at GG and the lack of a UK importer for JGAS, I would think this is the best possible time to exploit the market for Vertigo. I certainly would be all over this situation right now if it was me so I hope things start moving pretty quickly here on in....

Edited by atomant

If it was like the BTC the bike is not being "displayed" yet. I did get a good look at the BTC and know a few others that reckon it looks pretty good. As I said though some parts look "unfinished" and they seem to be changing parts to get the best performance compromise.

wouldn't read to much in to the appearance of the back pipe more than likely a prototype or modded exhaust production exhausts from companys like bosal etc are really mass produced and I should know I worked as a welder for a short time on them as a stop gap in the early 80,s couple of months production welding and making them. I have know doubt and wish the company all the  success in there bike especially in these difficult times which know doubt judging by the bikes performance so far they will achieve it and believe me it will come with the min number of welded seams on the final production model .

wouldn't read to much in to the appearance of the back pipe more than likely a prototype or modded exhaust production exhausts from companys like bosal etc are really mass produced and I should know I worked as a welder for a short time on them as a stop gap in the early 80,s couple of months production welding and making them. I have know doubt and wish the company all the  success in there bike especially in these difficult times which know doubt judging by the bikes performance so far they will achieve it and believe me it will come with the min number of welded seams on the final production model .

thats what dadof2 was saying only in less words.

• Like 1

The problem I see with what they appear to be doing is that the exhaust looks to be a sealed unit with no provision for repacking, and I would imagine very expensive to replace. On another note altogether the bike doesn't appear to be a game changer that I was hoping for in terms of its performance in the world championship. I realize it is early days but Dabill hasn't really moved forward since leaving the Beta for the Vertigo. Maybe he is not a great 'development' rider, no disrespect intended. Some riders just ride what they are given and are happy to do this and concentrate on their riding, while others continually fiddle with the bike setup, trying different shocks, peg positions etc etc.Or maybe the bike is significantly different in terms of development each time he rides it.

I can't see how you can have "a game changer". The basics of any trials bike have to be similar to stay in the rules.

There can only be very small changes.

As regards James Dabill he is consistently in the top 10 of the world championship and wins virtually everything he enters in the UK. To get much better isn't going to be down to the bike.

• Like 2

I can't see how you can have "a game changer". The basics of any trials bike have to be similar to stay in the rules.

There can only be very small changes.

As regards James Dabill he is consistently in the top 10 of the world championship and wins virtually everything he enters in the UK. To get much better isn't going to be down to the bike.

Agreed

The only game changer for me would be a pair of stabilizers 

As for Dabill. He  will be riding the set up he wants in the Trials. Vertigo are not going to compromise a result on some untested system. They are still refining and working on the bike which is great news for customers later on.

• Like 1

There have been bikes throughout the history of trials that have set a standard that the rest of the manufacturers have followed. the first Sherpa T, the monoshock TY Yamaha, the first Tarres Beta Zero and even the first Sherco set a new sub 70 kg weight that forced the majority of manufacturers to follow. I personally would like to see a completely repackable exhaust system, radiator protected by the downtubes, adjustable footpeg position, head and barrel easily removed without pulling half the bike apart, not sure about fuel injection just yet and why not have a lighter bike. The vertigo does appear to address some of these issues, but I guess I was hoping James may have been able to crack the top five on the bike, but as I suggested before it must be very difficult to develop the bike and compete in the world championship at the same time competing against the already existing proven rider and bike combinations.

I think the vertigo, in hands of some of the top 5 riders would result in higher rankings. Offcoarse the bike is to a big extent important, but on that level the rider makes the difference imo. It is important that the bike and brand suit you as a rider, because styles differ. However I think the (mainly Spannish) top 5 will be difficult too crack until new suberb tallent arises, or the top 5 of now gets too old.