Vertigo Launch

Andy

Besides the weight it appears that you can get your thong headlamp in either Black or White... Gotta be honest... I am usually Wow'ed at the sight of a thong heading in my direction...

white_zpsfcdf54bf.jpgblack_zpsb81344b3.jpg

I am thinking team WGASA should be getting some royalties here...

ahem_zps38477d3c.jpg

--Biff

PS Nice bike. Interesting that they are using CAN protocol to communicate to their module. I would have a field day there... :banana:

So no one who buys one of these dare pits next to you and leaves the bike unattended? Who know what kind of "Suzuki TM400 Cyclone" hit of power they'd find when They get back?

BTW,really would've liked to see you at Trials Inc. Vintage Cup Finals,it was right up your alley,just ask Scott and Jim ;-)

So which new bike is flooding the market then?

A friendly challenge/experiment to you, if we can find someone to lend me a TY we will ride a trial - you on your gasser - and lets see if you give me a thrashing. I think not.

PS - I drove past MK ground last Saturday and noticed the digger was in there. I should come along and join the club (I don't get out on the bike much these days...)

Cheers

But your "test" just proves, assuming you win, that you are a better rider. It doesn't prove the yam is better or equal. As somebody who owns a 2014 gasser and a 91 yam I can tell you I can clean sections on the GG I cant clean on the yam.

Neither bike is a vertigo so lets get back to the topic.

• Like 2

But your "test" just proves, assuming you win, that you are a better rider. It doesn't prove the yam is better or equal. As somebody who owns a 2014 gasser and a 91 yam I can tell you I can clean sections on the GG I cant clean on the yam.

I can see where your coming from, but if I think a Vertigo would not improve my scores to any great extent over the Yam, then perhaps the Yam is an overall better or at least equal bike for me.

Dabster suggested the equal scores would due to poor sections and/or ability - I don't know how he can make that assumption.

But yes back on topic - I prefer the Vertigo white thong!

So no one who buys one of these dare pits next to you and leaves the bike unattended? Who know what kind of "Suzuki TM400 Cyclone" hit of power they'd find when They get back?

BTW,really would've liked to see you at Trials Inc. Vintage Cup Finals,it was right up your alley,just ask Scott and Jim ;-)

Yes I know. Work demands kept me local that weekend. The lil ty175 would have loved the trip too. No worries i will be coming to a future one.

--Biff

Good luck, and a great looking bike, no doubt the upper end of the trials market will flock to buy.....but flock to by a very I would say 99% of trials riders would like a brand new clubman bike ...............<£4K, reliable, easy maintenance (ride/wash/lube/2 hr maintenance/put away/spend time with family/ride..........repeat from step 2.....)

Let's see shall we. Gas Gas have just announced another cheaper, simpler Contact model. Gas Gas have tried this path before, as have others, I don't recall seeing many of them out & about.

So you ride a 4 lap trial, swap bikes on alternate laps, simples.

Perce #50 wrote "Ride a section on your TY & then flog it round a moor for 1/2 an hour, then ride section again. Repeat process on any modern water cooled bike of your choice. If you still want to ride a TY, you're nuts."

Harold Crawford, Alderson Alderson in the Scott did OK TYs but I think PA had gassers suspension in his.

I had Ty250s for quite a few years and the suspension improvement from the red framed to the white framed model was significant. I actually found the TY250R a very comfortable bike to ride, more comfortable than modern gassers and Betas but oddly enough I found the TYZ horrible to ride, very uncomfortable.

I think it would be on the Wainright trial in about 1993 when it was clear that the Beta rear suspension was a step up from the TYR, such is progress. It is very true that modern bikes are well beyond the capabilities of most riders. Sections that have been in use for close on 40 years still challenge most riders as much as they ever did despite bike improvements.

Back to the Vertigo, I wonder what effect it and the TRS will have on other marques sales, Ossa and Jotagas in particular.

A lot of people may go on about budget bikes, but as has already been said, when the crunch comes to the crunch, most don't buy them, because they don't meet their expectations of a bike. Unfortunately the number of Trials bike that are built, they will never be that cheap.

Just to touch on price for new bikes, number of trials bike built/sold is low compared to motocross bikes. A quick look at this site for new price of 2014 model motocross bikes shows that brand new trials bikes are priced pretty close to motocross bikes. (and Honda, Kawasaki etc.. make and sell a boat load more bikes than trials manufacturers)

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2/2014/Buyers-Guide-Group/2014-Dirt-Bike-Buyers-Guide.aspx

the range is $7,000 - $9,000 (approx). so with trials bikes being lower number of sales prices should be North of $10,000????

(which is why my bike is 11 yrs old)

The bike I compete on is 31 years old ... And is still far more capable than I am ...

My "modern bike " is 17 years old , and I have yet to compete on it , but I don't see it improving my scores ..., just being a different experience to ride .

Trials is and always will be about the rider , not the bike .

Let's be honest here , Bou , Raga , Lampkin , Fuji , Young , Miller etc. etc. Could kick all of our buts on a box stock tl125 ...

But I hope Vertigo all the best , very forward thinking design , And if the electric cooling system works as visioned , and proves reliable , the engine should have quite a long stable life . Not having to deal with temperature extremes is a good thing in the internal combustion world !!! :)

Glenn