Gas Gas Future?

telecat

GasGas is a huge success story with their range of products and a 45M turnover is nothing to be sniffed at. I looked at their accounts ( got a full report) a few years ago and they were in huge debt then but managing it .. just !

It doesn't surprise me we are here again.. They should survive this I would think because the product is a sound investment. It will be the management that are the weakest link and will need to be changed.

On the back of the big euro quantitative easing program, there will be money available so that should help..

I hope they make it :)

GasGas is a huge success story with their range of products and a 45M turnover is nothing to be sniffed at. I looked at their accounts ( got a full report) a few years ago and they were in huge debt then but managing it .. just !

It doesn't surprise me we are here again.. They should survive this I would think because the product is a sound investment. It will be the management that are the weakest link and will need to be changed.

On the back of the big euro quantitative easing program, there will be money available so that should help..

I hope they make it :)

If they are such a huge success story and a sound investment, why do they owe 24m? :huh:

I run a small business and only class myself as successful when I return a profit!

It’s companies and individuals running up such huge debts that caused the recession (and the banks for lending it in the first place)

Edited by suzuki250
  • Like 2

If they are such a huge success story and a sound investment, why do they owe 24m? :huh:

I run a small business and only class myself as successful when I return a profit!

They are a huge success story because they have taken a niche market and dominated it - gas gas have sold more trials bikes than any other manufacturer, obviously the importers/franchises have a lot to do with that but they still need to be selected and supported. They also went into the enduro market and have done well there too. From a business point of view, you can see that is a success story. The fact that they haven't been successful managing the business from a financial perspective is a different story.. somebody else could come along and do that where they are failing..

It’s companies and individuals running up such huge debts that caused the recession (and the banks for lending it in the first place)

If you think that then you are misguided. The FIAT money system... take a look at that and you will see why we are in the mess we are..

Edited by atomant

They are a huge success story because they have taken a niche market and dominated it - gas gas have sold more trials bikes than any other manufacturer, obviously the importers/franchises have a lot to do with that but they still need to be selected and supported. They also went into the enduro market and have done well there too. From a business point of view, you can see that is a success story. The fact that they haven't been successful managing the business from a financial perspective is a different story.. somebody else could come along and do that where they are failing..

If you think that then you are misguided. The FIAT money system... take a look at that and you will see why we are in the mess we are..

successful but can’t pay there bills?

maybe if you were a creditor owed money for work done or parts supplied in good faith you may have a different view of successful?

I doesn’t matter if its management or product it still the ‘Business’ thats failing and owes 24000000 euros !

Edited by suzuki250

successful but can’t pay there bills?

maybe if you were a creditor owed money for work done or parts supplied good faith you may have a different view of successful?

I doesn’t matter if its management or product it still the ‘Business’ thats failing and owes 24000000 euros !

Put it like this - If you were given a lump sum of money. would you be certain you could make your product the no.1 choice in your industry? It would be extremely hard to do so.. but where GasGas is concerned, when they have the no.1 product with a company that has potential sales of 45m/year, there will be people who could re-finance it and run it better to turn that around. It is easier to do that in a lot of cases than the other way around. This is my point.

Do you remember Sir John Harvey Jones looking at failing companies and seeing how they can be turned around. It was nearly always a good product being badly managed. GasGas can be fixed with the right people..

Edited by atomant

Put it like this - If you were given a lump sum of money. would you be certain you could make your product the no.1 choice in your industry? It would be extremely hard to do so.. but where GasGas is concerned, when they have the no.1 product with a company that has potential sales of 45m/year, there will be people who could re-finance it and run it better to turn that around. It is easier to do that in a lot of cases than the other way around. This is my point.

Do you remember Sir John Harvey Jones looking at failing companies and seeing how they can be turned around. It was nearly always a good product being badly managed. GasGas can be fixed with the right people..

I :agreed:That’s very true, and I do hope someone sees it as a worthwhile investment

Edited by suzuki250

Ian, you've mentioned something most are not supposed to know about mate, the elites will not be happy, it could scupper their plan totally if too many know how the system actually works.

The debts as such are not the problem as long as you can service those debts all of the time, and if need be increase the debts in the future as long as you can still use profit to make the repayments. The problems start when you cannot afford the repayments of the debts, or your creditors want their money back, or you need to keep borrowing but cant find anyone to lend to you, one or all of these may apply to GasGas. I suspect GasGas are in a position where they simply can't make a profit from what they are doing so need to borrow constantly to increase income, most investors will have recognised this and are possibly unwilling to lend anymore so a stale mate is the outcome.

Edited by the addict

John Harvey Jones was not the success some seem to think. In the early 1980s much of British industry was seen as overstaffed and it was relatively easy to make staff cuts and boost short term share price.

A great many decent hard working people lost their jobs as a result of his action, many of the job losses probably unnecessary. A genuinely good boss boosts quality and sales rather than focussing just on short term shareholder returns.

ICI no longer exists

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/supportservices/2781922/ICI-finally-consigned-to-history.html

Is that the sort of troubleshooter GG needs?

Before anyone points out his Knighthood, they gave those to Jimmy Saville and Fred Goodwin as well.

GG may have a lifeline if the Euro continues to fall, it will make its products cheaper in non Euro markets meaning they can increase margins, maybe better still if Euro goes completely belly up and Spain can return to a devalued Peseta.

Ian, you've mentioned something most are not supposed to know about mate, the elites will not be happy, it could scupper their plan totally if too many know how the system actually works.

The debts as such are not the problem as long as you can service those debts all of the time, and if need be increase the debts in the future as long as you can still use profit to make the repayments. The problems start when you cannot afford the repayments of the debts, or your creditors want their money back, or you need to keep borrowing but cant find anyone to lend to you, one or all of these may apply to GasGas. I suspect GasGas are in a position where they simply can't make a profit from what they are doing so need to borrow constantly to increase income, most investors will have recognised this and are possibly unwilling to lend anymore so a stale mate is the outcome.

In a nutshell

Edited by johnnyboxer