Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Trials Central

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

lineaway

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by lineaway

  1. lineaway replied to cursed's topic in Gas Gas
    The shaft is not all the way in the case. Either it is not correct as Jon`s post or it is stuck on the thin washer. It is about .2 mm and is quite annoying until it falls in place. Keep trying ,good luck.
  2. Front wheel might be wrong, but it might just work better than the original.
  3. lineaway replied to pat64's topic in Beta
    The line went with the brake line to almost the caliper. Had a pickup on the spokes. Not worth fixing . Find a newer bike speedometer that might last a little longer.
  4. If the plug is `wet` then the engine is flooded. You probably have a pool of fuel in the crank which gets sucked up and wets the plug, fire out. Have you pulled the exhaust and plug and pumped it dry?
  5. Just pull the gas line off and see for yourself!
  6. lineaway replied to pat64's topic in Beta
    Seems I only used off and reserve. Seems if I remember the CDI could break the petcock during a hard drop if left in the `on` position.
  7. lineaway replied to zoomered's topic in Beta
    I always rode the beta in second. If you always rode in first I would get the half link and try it out. Otherwise go back to 10 t.
  8. lineaway replied to scotty300's topic in Gas Gas
    If you are lucky it will just be the gasket. But when it stopped it could have knicked the piston.
  9. lineaway replied to gaz's topic in Beta
    I would not risk a motor with cheap seals. The Beta ones are known to last many years!
  10. lineaway replied to gaz's topic in Beta
    No need for the mains from beta, just the seals and gaskets.
  11. I`ve always worn moto-X pants for more protection. Most have shin guards built in.
  12. Thanks Kramit, I had wondered for awhile about him. RIP Bob.
  13. I also have a cota 200 and have not had an issue with the stock ignition. The stock flywheel is light for that era. Are you saying that you have changed to a lighter flywheel than stock?
  14. Well being an Ossa rider I always thought they had it right! But I am also am one of the unlucky ones who have put the whole kickstarter in my leg!! ( It only blead a whole month) The best thought out engine ever was the Fantic. Forward starting kickstart.(If you ever rode one and had to start it in a awkward spot) Also the shift lever was the best ever!
  15. lineaway replied to jandyb's topic in Gas Gas
    Being one year apart I would go with the better condition/and or the one that was not ridden as hard. The Ohlins is better, better yet if you get the stock one also!
  16. You have to remove the case. Then remove the snap ring on the plastic gear. The gear then comes off the shaft, it looks like the pin holds it,but it comes right off. There is another snap ring between the seal and the bearing. Fairly easy job if you have snap ring pliers.Check the shaft for wear. If it is not too bad polish up the shaft before assembly and grease the seal.
  17. The michelin has directional and a balancing mark (dot). The directional does not seem to have a purpose. If you are a top rider rotating the tire for a one day event does have a purpose. If you are rotating to extend tire life you are actually just wearing it out faster. Rotating the tire will wear the height of the knobs faster, which means you will need a tire sooner.
  18. lineaway replied to henrik's topic in OSSA
    Before you panic, I would drain the fuel and start over! Also check the tranny oil,OVERFILLED? Also check the packing in the muffler.
  19. lineaway replied to metisse's topic in Trials Gear
    Rule of thumb, you need a new one. Now if you are refurbing an antique just for show try an upholstry shop. My well crashed helmets hang on a wall as troghies, the rest were thrown away as junk.
  20. Forgot that since this is not a trials bike you might `fiind` a cooler rack and maybe splurge for a can holder. P.S. Told ya this was easy!!
  21. Yes , find an old super trap or some thing free for the exhaust and you will never hear the intake again. Besides that exhaust must weigh 20lbs!!!!
  22. You go up on the pilot because it comes lean from the factory. Needle is non adjustable and if he wants to spend money there are several threads on other needles. At this point I would look at a larger cs. sprocket and in the future an adjustable cam chain sprocket which is only 20 dollars if you like a little work.
  23. e Yes, I have an old set of orifice drills from my father. 76 or 77 sounds like what I used!
  24. I do not remember what I drilled mine . I think the result was around a 45 or 48. The idea was stock was lean. Everyone always forgets the pilot always flows! Mine coughed and sputterd at mid revs and this fixed it. Good luck!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.